Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wishcasting Wednesday

What do you wish for your home?

This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately.  We live in a mobile home manufactured in the 80s, with 'improvements' made by a not-so-handyman before we moved in.  We don't make a lot of extra money so anything we've done to the house has been as an emergency kind of thing, and it needs a lot of work. 

But we love this property.  We moved in with the intent to buy (the landlord is willing to sell on a land contract, which would kind of be like rent-to-own), but it seems whenever we've had money for the down payment, something would go wrong with the car that would take all the funds.

Now, my father's health is failing, my mother wants to see more of me, and there just doesn't seem to be any kind of work in this area for any of us.  :\  Moving closer to my parents - as well as the rest of our family! - would mean more employment opportunities, as well as being able to see them with less time & money spent on traveling. 

But to trade our secluded 3-acre wood for an apartment in the city leaves us feeling anxious and uncomfortable.  Even if it's a temporary thing.

Irregardless of whether or not we decide to move, I wish for my home to be filled with love and laughter, joy and fun, peace and stability, and I wish for my home to feel comfortable and safe for all members of my family.


Click to embiggen...

You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt on your blog and then add a direct link to your post in the box [at the link] below. Support wishes by visiting other participants, leaving a comment saying “As (insert name) wishes for her/himself, so I wish for her/him also.” It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together.
~ Jamie Ridler

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful...thank you for the reflection of love, laughter,joy, fun, peace, stability! As you wish for your self, so I too wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a colorful and already love-filled home... as you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself, I, too wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wish! Looks like you are surrounded by beauty. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wish...love, peace, laughter, joy...wonderful! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^