Sunday, July 11, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp: Day 6, Journaling

I know, I know... Where is Day 5 art??? Well I haven't done it. I *know* what I want to do though! I've been meaning to re-do the drawing *Growth* as a painting; so that's what I am going to do, but I wanted to keep plugging away on this journaling because the art, once I start it, seems to flow easily enough...

Besides, she asks us to break our own self-imposed rules today. And I have this *Rule* that I have to do X before I can do Y and Z has to be done before both... so... I tend to get stuck in that. Example: I can't clean off my desk until I clean off my table, and I have to finish this art first before I can pick it up! Must do things in order, see? I tend to over-think it all...

Anyway, Maegan asks us, "What are your self-imposed “rules” of creating?" And I think that for me is part of it. Over-thinking, trying to make it perfect, not ever wanting to throw it away and start over.

It wasn't until recently that I started allowing myself to make mistakes and just keep going, get my fingers dirty, paint without at least a rough sketch... I've never painted from life, and I certainly don't draw well from life. I need a 2D representation of the image already, and I think that seriously limits me.

I think to overcome these tendencies, I will paint from life!

But not with this prompt cuz I already have an idea! ^-^

Don't Forget:
Day 3: Multilayered, need to finish!
Day 4: Heavy Metal, is it done?
Day 5: Grow, redo that drawing!
Day 6: Fluid, so started!
Day 7: that was yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^