Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tale for Mother's Day

Since we had a moment on Monday, today, Tuesday, we shall have a tale about my mother. This is short but funny - much like yesterday's video clip - only today, the embarrassment is my mom's... hehehe... ^_^

When I was still a very little girl, waaaaay back in the 70s, iron-ons were all the rage. You could buy iron-ons cheap in lots of stores, and they even had specialty stores where you could choose from TONS of iron-ons and TONS of shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags, whatever... and the store would them iron them on for you! Groovy!

Anyway, my mom, being the crafty individual she is (she used to sew us matching outfits, ya know!), she got herself a pretty daisy with the saying, "A man can work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done," framing it. She took it into the basement, set up the ironing board, and waited for the iron to get hot. She carefully laid out her t-shirt, put the transfer on, and covered it with a dish towel. Then she pressed the iron down over the whole thing for a while until the iron-on was stuck. It was taking so long and we were so excited to see it!

Finally, she took the dish towel off, and slowly peeled back the paper. (And I know how hard it is to do that! I did it too quick once and wound up with an iron on with lots of tiny holes... :\) Anyway, she pulled the paper off, and it was upside down!!! XD I think she may have cried at the time, and I know Daddy teased her mercilessly about a woman's work never being done because they don't do it right, but it's laughable now... ^_^

I love you, Mommy!

1 comment:

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^