Homespun Clementine Cake
- 3 seedless clementines, peels and pith removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- Peel clementines and remove skins. Cut into small pieces. Add orange juice, egg, sugar, flour and baking soda; mix. Pour into a lightly greased 8- or 9-inch pan. Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Stir together confectioners sugar, vanilla and salt. Fold in whipped cream or topping. Frost cake. Makes 1 (8 or 9-inch) cake.
P.S. I may have shared this recipe before, but I couldn't seem to find it in my archives, so maybe I didn't...