Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Mad Tea Party!

We were so busy having fun at the party yesterday that we forgot to post the pictures after we cleaned up, and we slept so late today! So without further ado, here is how our Mad Hatter Tea Party went:

Our be-hatted hosts and hostess were from the far reaches of the globe (as were many of the guests who dropped by!): Lapaki Maka Hiamoe (Paki too those who know and love him) flew in from Hawaii, Orson came south on a cruise from the North Pole, and April hails from our very own Central NY, just north of our secret party location.


Left to Right: Paki, Orson, and April

Naturally we started with tea in the garden. A delightful blend of imagination and sparkles... "Would you like a cup?" April asked everyone with a twinkle in her eye.


"The tea is dazzling!"

For Paki, who was still on Hawaiian time (five hours earlier), it was still very early and he kept falling asleep in his tea... Just like the dormouse, only everyone was kind enough to *not* dunk him in the teapot!


"Don't fall asleep yet Paki!"

After tea, the three wandered about the garden, mingling with the guests who joined us, and searching for things of beauty and magic. Orson and April found some beautiful flowers who shimmered and giggled when Orson told them how pretty they were.


Orson flirts with the flowers

But poor sleepy Paki strayed amongst the singing roses and was soon fast asleep, carried off to Wonderland by their sweet melodies.


Paki sleeps

The rest of the afternoon was spent in quiet (to not disturb Paki) and joyful conversation and consideration of the wondrous place they were, and naturally some art was made special for giving away! (I can't believe we forgot to get pictures of it!)

We had so many guests drop by that Orson, April, and Paki decided to give away TWO door prizes (dor-prizes?) instead of just the one! So they had me go to Random.org to find out who the winners are, and indeed it is a mad and magical world because the numbers chosen are the 2 in my birth date!


Screen Capture


So, my dears, Amy and Junie, please drop me an email so I know where to send your Mad Tea Party *dor-prizes*! ^-^

P.S. If you haven't already, don't forget to stop by A Fanciful Twist to see who else was having a party!



P.P.S. Because I have been surfing the parties all day, and can see there are many more to go, I have decided to draw ANOTHER winner, so more people have a chance! On Wednesday evening, July 1st Friday afternoon, July 3rd, I will choose a winner from the comments on this post to receive another door prize from our party! So be sure to leave a comment and let me know you were here! ^-^

22 comments:

  1. what pretty photographs!
    a very lovely party indeed!

    I shall send you that e-mail straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful party! So sparkly and glittery, my favorite things! lol Thank you very much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. It looks like you had a very "mad" time! Thank you so much for stopping by my party yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a lovely time at your MAD tea party. Great pics!

    ~Eve

    BTW: You are only the second blogger I have seen with the B.W.O. logo (I had mine up but took it down)...maybe that's telling me to put it back up again!

    Take care~~~~~^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I stopped back! What a magicaly MAD day you had!
    Thank you so much for your hospitality! What a delightful party indeed!
    >:0)
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaawwww aren't those two just sweet hearts. And they have a very romantic, refreshing tea party. I would like to taste what they're drinking. Looks really magical - sparkling in their teacup :-)

    (oh I'm not a participant. I just dropped by from vanessa and having so m uch fun)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My numbers are 7 and 22?!?!? I can't think of better ones actually...all that aside, what a lovely and fluffy party! Thank yo so much for letting me attend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations lucky ducks

    Fantasy Friday BLD are three fantasy pictures I put up from different artists and they are the meal of the day as in breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

    Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww...that was really cute! I love the snuggly little bunny. I think I shall be off to join him in la-la land!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats to the winners...you poor white rabbit looks party-exhausted...please drop on by to my party...if you haven't sneaked in quietly already...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful party you have had!! Love your pics and your sleeping bunny; so sweet!!
    Stop by my party!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely party. Thanks for posting. I love your work.
    -HurricaneKassi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love your tea party pictures, so cute! :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    -Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so curious that these Mad Tea Parties are still going strong! I've yet to clean mine up, so please feel free to follow me back down the rabbit hole before life goes back to mundane!

    I love the magic in your cups, by the way! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great photos....so glad I dropped in to see your cute blog. You will have to drop in sometime for tea! Loved the sleeping rabbit shot! ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bunnies are too cute. I can't believe I won, Wahoo! Thanks so much random number generator for picking me. Loved the party. I off to celebrate.
    xo-junie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for a beautiful time at the party!

    clink-clink our cups:)

    Smiles,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky girls who won your door prizes, you are so thoughtful. Your Mad Tea Party was delightful, I'm glad you visited me so I could find you!

    I have a giveaway right now, did you enter? Make sure you do!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,
    What a lovely magical tea party.
    The photography was great. I love the rose tea pot.You can still drop by party, I'd love to have ya.
    8-)Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your photographs...so magical and little Paki is so sweet. I'm so glad you stopped by. It's so nice to find new blogs and friends.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet party...I am whispering so I don't wake up Paki :)

    Do please stop by for a spot of tea...and a video where Alice loses her temper..oh my!

    Mere

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^