I was really tired and feeling kind of pessimistic last night, like 2013 had been pretty miserable and I didn't want to talk about it; I just wanted to put it behind me and move on. So I opted to not answer these questions last night, but tonight I am feeling better (although still really tired; what's up with that!?) and thought I'd give it a shot!
1. What will you remember about 2013?
I will remember 2013 as the year I...
- dared myself to make too many changes at once and fell flat
- started being creative every day - almost
- tried to buy a new-to-me car but couldn't find one
- first sold some of my photos
- went to Shine and made some awesome shoes
- swam entirely too little
- took a course in small business ownership
- started working at a daycare
2. What are you ready to leave behind?
- high blood sugar
- eating too many carbs
- living in poverty
- fear of the unknown
- depression & anxiety
3. What's something you learned in 2013?
I learned that there is no hero who is going to come and save me, no mysterious act of serendipity that's just going to fix everything for me, no Deus ex Machina in the story of my life. I am going to have to suck it up, and do it the hard way: by myself. True bravery & courage doesn't mean you face your dragons & demons fearlessly; it means you feel the fear, but do it anyway.
4. What would you like to celebrate about this past year?
- I created a rabbit every day for more than 100 days.
- I drew everyday for 4 months, and lots of other days too.
- I took charge of my life and started making things happen even though I was so scared.
- I got a job I can go to on a regular basis and I think I like it!
And for today, One Sentence Saturday...
My Word of 2014 is COURAGE, and boy could I write more than one sentence about it.