Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-A-Thon #22

Today Jamie and Shannon ask us:
Share with us a picture of you when you were wee!

I've shared several on the bloggeroo already, and I don't want to bore you all, so I went in search of something new. Sadly, my baby pictures are all at my mom's or dad's house, but I did come across this old drawing my Great Aunt Edith did of me (she called me Missy back then, short for Miss Dinah).


Click to view on black...

My Aunt Dee Dee, as many of us called her, was the first real artist I knew. She worked mostly in clay and had done some lovely pieces, including a bust of one of her sons. She passed away many years ago, and I've mostly lost contact with that side of the family; so I don't know what happened to any of her beautiful works of art.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool. I don't think many people have hand-drawn portraits of themselves as kids, except maybe those caricatures you can get at Disney World. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^