Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birds

I haven't been writing about the birds lately but they have been a constant source of enjoyment to me, and I have been overjoyed as each and every one returned, and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the indigo bunting again.  The robins seemed to be here early, and I missed blogging when they first arrived.  The chickadees, titmice, and juncos are regulars at the feeder still (although for a while over the winter it seemed to be only the chickadees).  I have heard the blue jays, but not seen them, and seen the cardinals in others' yards, but not ours.  I can hear the killdeers across the street, and this morning the most melodious singing got me out of bed in time to see the male goldfinch take a nip of seed and fly away.  And perhaps the most noticeable of all, I can now see the mourning doves under the feeder again, because they no longer blend into the ground.  The grass is green!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^