These quirky little alien monsters didn't seem too scary with their purple grins, but those fangs...
I guess they weren't so hard to
To make your own, follow these directions:
- Make red velvet cupcakes from box following directions.
- Meanwhile combine 2 containers of vanilla frosting, setting aside about 1/4 cup. Add green food coloring until desired color is reached. (We used 1 tsp green and 1/2 tsp yellow paste food coloring.) Add purple food coloring to remaining 1/4 cup of frosting. (We used about 1/2 tsp purple paste food coloring.)
- When cupcakes are cooled, use a generous dollop of green, and frost to look like fur.
- Stick pretzel sticks into mini-marshmallows and dot with black decorator gel. Put two on each cupcake as shown. (You might want to do this right before serving to maintain the pretzels' freshness.)
- Scoop the purple frosting into a sandwich bag and snip the corner. Squeeze out the monster mouths.
- To make the fangs, flatten and cut mini-marshmallows in to fang shapes.
- Eat them before they eat you! ^-^