Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Best of 2009


The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge


December 9 Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?

I think school has been my biggest challenge this year. Going to school online was a great idea at first: no classes to attend, six months to get the work done at my own pace, no teachers forcing me to listen to their rhetoric... And after my first 6 months I knew how to get the work done, to pace myself, but just keep moving, finding my own additional resources on the internet when theirs were inadequate...

But I got lax in my 2nd term. I let too much time go by without doing the work. I wasn't making any real effort to learn the things I needed to know to pass the tests. And it showed. It took me ALL 3 times to pass my Earth & Space Science test, and the last one I had to pay for out of pocket. I spent the time between the last 2 times franticly trying to stuff more knowledge in my brain.

It worked. I passed. But not with the grade I wanted. Yeah grades don't count for a pass/fail class, but they do to me. I let myself down. And sadly, I feel like I am doing it again with this damn Chemistry. I let so much time go by, and now I am stuck cramming again, and feeling inadequate and dumb. But I'll pass. I always do.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I've been feeling about the whole correspondence course thing. I did a writing course several years ago and wound up dropping it halfway through, now I'm doing an Art course and although I'm only halfway through the first module I already feel like I'm slacking off. It's fun and everything, but I'm just not making the time to sit down and do the work. I think I just need to make a schedule and stick to it, know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^