Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thought provoking quotes

...from The Girl with No Shadow...

"...and every time I looked at them they seemed to be laughing at me.

"I don't care. Who wants to be like those two?

"But then I see them with their heads together, and I can tell from the way they are looking at me that they're laughing at me again. Why? What is is about me? In the old days at least I knew what made me different. But now --

"Is it my hair? Is it my clothes? Is it because we've never bought anything at the [mall]? Is it because we never go skiing ... or to Cannes for the summer? Is it some kind of label on me, like a cheap pair of [sneakers], that warns them I'm second-rate?

"...There is nothing unusual about me; nothing to suggest we haven't got money. I wear the same clothes as everyone else. My schoolbag is the same as theirs. I see the right films, read the right books, listen to the right music. I ought to fit in. But somehow I still don't.

"The problem is me. I just don't match. I'm the wrong shape, somehow, the wrong color. I like the wrong books. I watch the wrong films in secret. I'm different, whether they like it or not, and I don't see why I should pretend otherwise.

"But it's hard when everyone else has friends. And it's hard when people only ever really like you when you're being someone else."

...

"I wouldn't mind if someone else was It sometimes. But they never are. It's always me."

...

"It's not that I'm shy. I like people. I get on with them. I like to talk... I'm not...too shy... touchy... or snobby... I'm always here to listen if someone's upset... but just when I think we're getting somewhere, she goes and starts some new thing... and when I say, ...don't do that, she just gives me that look and says it's only a joke, and so I have to laugh, even when I don't want to, because I don't want to be the one with no sense of humor. But it really doesn't feel funny to me... it's only funny when you're not It.

~ All above from Anouk's thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Actually...in the seduction department, colored candles are vastly overrated when compared to oral sex." ~ Zozie's thoughts on what color candle to burn for a love spell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The thing about beauty... is that actually it doesn't have much to do with looks at all. It's not about the color of your hair, or your size, or your shape. It's all in here." She tapped her head. It's how you walk, and talk, and think...

"Call it attitude, if you like. Call it charisma, or chutzpah, or glamour, or charm. Because basically it's about standing straight, looking people in the eye, shooting them a killer smile, and saying, fuck off, I'm fabulous." ~Zozie on beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^