Sunday, September 01, 2013

52-Week Photo Challenge: Week 1

It's time! Doot-doo-dee-doo! Today begins our year-long journey to better photography. Welcome welcome welcome! I am so excited to be learning along with all of you who have expressed interest and already signed up at our flickr group!

I thought we'd start off the challenge with something fun, that will also let us all see who we're doing the challenge with: a self-portrait. Turn the camera toward yourself (or your mirror) and let's see YOU! Be creative! Let your personality shine!
  • Are you shy or is this all new to you? Maybe just photgraph your shoes in the leaves or your shadow on grass.
  • Or are selfies a regular thing for you? Have fun with it! Show off your favorite pose or make a silly face!

Click to embiggen!

I put my bunny ears on for mine and did some editing to increase the color as well as soften it for a more magical feel... ^o^

Let's see yours; share it with the group at our flickr group! And don't forget to sign up for the reminders via email!

4 comments:

  1. I feel so awkward taking self portraits! It isn't that I don't like how I look. I just have so much trouble with the angle and the lighting. I'll give it a whirl though and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! And I can guarantee no more selfies unless you choose... ^-^

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Diana! I had no idea you were planning this! I am so totally in! But...you'll have to remind me ;) I get forgetful and then don't take my photos LOL! But I wanna do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer! Erm... I am afraid I don't know which of my Jennifer friends you are... Send me an email if you want to keep it private, but you can also sign up for reminders here: http://eepurl.com/eEyhg I'll be sending an email 2x a week, one when the post goes live & one on Wednesday, which reminds me I haven't done this yet! So glad you'll be joining!

      Delete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^