Sunday, September 15, 2013

52-Week Photo Challenge: Week 3

Hello again!

How are you? It's been a busy week here for me!

Thank you all so much for sharing your self-portraits! I am loving them! How are you doing with the Yellow challenge? Some of us were discussing our difficulty with it over on flickr; if you're interested in joining in, click here!

This week our challenge is: Where You Sit

Take a few moments, right where you are, to look around and find some interesting photos to capture. The view out your window, a macro of your morning coffee, a still life of flowers and books on your bedside table... The object of this challenge is to see the ordinary things in your life with a fresh creative eye.


Click to embiggen!

I'll be honest, I wasn't happy with any of the pictures I took. Maybe that says more about how I feel about my desk area, than my photo-taking skills. Anyway, my camera has this "live panorama" feature that I played around with this week. Unfortunately there isn't good lighting where my desk is, except when the sun is setting, but most of this week was pretty overcast at sunset; so my photos were all pretty dark.

In addtion, the "live panorama" photos tend to have a lot of noise and graininess, but I tried to work with that and added some extra texture and a TTV (Through-the-Viewfinder) filter, and I am pleased with the effect! ^-^ Kind of reminds me of an old-fashioned TV set...

So how about you? Where do you sit? Don't forget you can share with everyone at our flickr group! And don't forget to sign up for the reminders via email!

2 comments:

  1. I really dig that image! I like this prompt because it is so open to interpretation. I am going to a convention this weekend (Roc-Con) so I think I might take on of where I sit at the con!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Taking your photo at the con sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see it!

      Delete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^