Wednesday, December 22, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 15 - 17

Day 01 – Introduce Yourself
Day 02 – Your first love
Day 03 – Your parents
Day 04 – What you ate today
Day 05 – Your definition of love
Day 06 – Your day
Day 07 – Your best friend
Day 08 – A precious item
Day 09 – Your beliefs
Day 10 – What you wore today
Day 11 – Your siblings
Day 12 – What’s in your bag
Day 13 – This week
Day 14 – Your childhood
Day 15 – Your dreams

I dream a lot about water: being caught in the rain, rivers flooding everything (and trying to save the books and animals), swimming with mermaids (and mermen), swimming in big glass buildings...

I used to have recurring nightmares about dinosaurs too, but not in a long time. As a child I dreamed they were surrounding our house trying to get in, but they were all like cartoon dinosaurs (think Dino from the Flinstones)playing some frightening game of peek-a-boo through the windows with me as I cowered in fear behind the sofa or in the closet.

Once I dreamed that I was at my dad's garage/gas station with my mom and our dog *and* cat (weird). My mom, our cat, and me went across the street to a farmer's market (which never existed there) and a brontosaurus came up the street! As my dad & dog were running across to save us (we were hiding behind some crates of vegetables), the brontosaurus gobbled them up! Like in one of those old bad claymation/live action dinosaur movies.

And another time I dreamed my best friend went into some cave/elevator which turned out to be a T-rex and she was eaten...

I also dream a lot about people who were important in my life but aren't here anymore. I wake up feeling sad when that happens...


Day 16 – Your first kiss

Aahhh... one of the people I sometimes dream about. I was in grade school, and visited the home of a boy in my class. He didn't live far away, but I had never been. He introduced me to his dog - a Doberman pinscher named Pepsi - and his family, and we watched cartoons, and ate Apple Jacks (which I had never had at that point). And when it was time for me to go, he walked me to the door, and kissed me on the cheek. It was very sweet and he remained a crush of mine for years. I'm sure I wouldn't even be able to pick him out of a line up now though! It's been decades!

Day 17 – Your favorite memory

I feel like I've answered this before... I have a lot of great memories; the one above for example. My last birthday was awesome, so many things from ARGH & Shine, a helicopter ride over Niagara Falls was pretty memorable, sunny summer days at the lake, moonlit nights of passion, long car rides all over the state with friends and lovers, road trips across country...

But I think the one that is I pull up most often is the memory of waking up on Blue Mountain, walking out of the woods to the the clearing on top, and seeing the sun shining bright over a sea of clouds - the other mountains just islands across the way - and strong arms encircling me. I felt safe and loved and there was so much beauty...

I hope someday I can take Jacqueline there...


Day 18 – Your favorite birthday
Day 19 – Something you regret
Day 20 – Your morning routine
Day 21 – Your job and/or schooling
Day 22 – Something that upsets you
Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better
Day 24 – Something that makes you cry
Day 25 – Your sleeping habits
Day 26 – Your fears
Day 27 – Your favorite place
Day 28 – Something that you miss
Day 29 – Your favorite foods/drinks
Day 30 – Your aspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^