“David Shepherd, Travis Price and their teenage friends organized a high-school protest to wear pink in sympathy with a Grade 9 boy who was being bullied [for wearing a pink shirt]…[They] took a stand against bullying when they protested against the harassment of a new Grade 9 student by distributing pink T-shirts to all the boys in their school.I hope you'll choose to wear a pink shirt this Wednesday, February 27th, and raise awareness about the bullying that takes place in not just our schools, but at work, at home, and online too.
‘I learned that two people can come up with an idea, run with it, and it can do wonders,’ says Mr. Price, 17, who organized the pink protest. ‘Finally, someone stood up for a weaker kid.’
So Mr. Shepherd and some other headed off to a discount store and bought 50 pink tank tops. They sent out message to schoolmates that night, and the next morning they hauled the shirts to school in a plastic bag.
As they stood in the foyer handing out the shirts, the bullied boy walked in. His face spoke volumes. ‘It looked like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders,’ Mr. Price recalled.
The bullies were never heard from again.”
- Happy Little Bunny Rabbit Wearing a Pink Shirt
- Rabbit Bunny Cute Animal Women Tank Top Pink Size M
- Fairy kei Tea Time Sweets T- shirt sweet, pink, kawaii, bunny
- Orignal Painting - 'With a Full Heart, She steps out'
- Bunny Rabbit on Pink Children's American Apparel Long Sleeve
- Kawaii wa goth bunny girls tutu dress
- Easter felt bunny pink in matchbox bed
For other Mosaic Monday posts, click here! And don't forget to stop back next week for more bunny-themed Etsy finds!