Thursday, March 04, 2010

I am a Creative Goddess

Today I thought I'd update you all on the things I've been doing on the creative front for the last month or so...

Are you ready? Hang on!

Let's fall down the rabbit hole...

First up is a painting I did for StarryDance's birthday! I used a dikdik as my unicorn model; they are so cute & tiny!


And I suppose these count as creative too: Groundhog Cupcakes!


Then the whole family made some woven Brigid's Crosses for Imbolc. We used paper instead of straw. This is just a few of them:


Next is a drawing I did after our Imbolc ritual in which we did a guided meditation in which we planted a seed of something in ourselves and saw it grow to fruition. I still think I want to make it into a watercolor painting...


Then I finished up the Koi ATC I had been working on since before the holidays I think! I used watercolors, watercolor pencils, acrylics, and markers...


I even played with some clay and made some charms for Temple of the Twelve bracelets...


...but somebody broke the ends off the feathers! >.< I am not sure I'll be able to get them to work, but we'll see...


I even got creative in the grocery store and made a rainbow of peeps... ^-^ I wonder if it would be very bad of me to BUY a bunch of Peeps just for a photoshoot...


Mid-month I drew the winners for my One World, One Heart giveaway and made them each a Magic Carpet Ride postcard in their favorite colors. I love how they turned out! I started with a wet watercolor background that I put salt on for that cool effect, then drew the bunnies where they seemed to fit. One with lots of purple...


And one in pink & light blue. I lovelovelove the soft feeling this one has...


Then I attempted to enter the Art House Co-op Weekly Project with the prompt "brown bears bake brownies" - but I failed to note that is was supposed to be 4x4! I still love how it turned out and am thinking about doing more in a series: ABCs (angelic alligators act angry...)? The brown bears... (do something)...??? I dunno....


Then I did my first watercolor portrait, Reid Harris Cooper. It's small and not perfect, but you gotta start somewhere!


And then there is Blodeuwedd, who I created for a swap. She didn't go in the direction I had hoped she would, but sometimes things just don't...


On Tuesday, I decided to try a different way of collaging, but I am not sure I like how it came out. Still it's good enough to add to our altar for SPRING! ^o^


Finally, for the past few days, I've been working on some cute-sy animals in a retro style... This one is a deer:


And this one is a LAMB (not a bunny-deer like people keep saying...):


And still I keep taking pictures everyday, and have gotten some great shots, but I think I've gone on long enough for now... ^-^

What have *YOU* been creating?

2 comments:

  1. OMG RAINBOW PEEPS!! I love Peeps, and I would *SO* buy them all for a photoshoot. =end bad influence comment=

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^