Saturday, November 07, 2009

Product Review: NewTree Chocolates

I recently saw some new chocolate in the store and had to try it!


While New Tree does have a website (newtree.com), I was unable to find the Pink Peppercorn chocolate bar anywhere. However, the first google hit including 'peppercorn' was Walmart, so perhaps it's a special thing just for them... They had several varieties available, I chose the 2 that appealed to me...


The first I opened was the dark chocolate with pink peppercorns. I was overwhelmed by the pepper smell just opening the package. Strangely it seems very floral. The bar was already broken a bit, and I could see the pretty red (fine, pink) peppercorns. Sadly I couldn't enjoy the chocolate much as the peppercorn flavor was very overpowering. The little crunches were nice, but definitely too much pepper flavor. Not *hot* but definitely too much flavor. I rate this flavor...

One Ear Up.



That left the lavender milk chocolate. It had a lovely delicate floral scent UNDER the chocolate, not overpowering it, and I was glad to see there were no lavender stems or flowers in the chocolate. The chocolate was creamy and smooth and melted quickly in my mouth filling it with a subtle lavender flavor before disappearing into a chocolaty aftertaste. I rate this flavor...

Two Ears Up!


Now if only I could find a nice dark chocolate violet...

2 comments:

  1. Awww...too bad about this challenge but the next challenge is really fun!!! Thanks for the blinkie love too!!! Yay!
    xoxo,
    ja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is ALWAYS a good thing to blog about!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^