I used to love cuddling on the sofa with a lap cat watching holiday movies and TV specials. Today it's not the same. I used to get so excited when this would come on the TV:
But now, you can DVR it, buy the DVD (have some), search it up on YouTube (hee, I think I did that...), get it shipped from NetFlix (do this every year)... and watch those things any old time.
But I *still* have favorites! Of course I can't limit it to just one, I love too many! So here's my top ten...
10. The Little Drummer Boy - My favorite song as a child made into a TV special... awesome!
9. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Who doesn't love this?
8. Frosty the Snowman - I still say *Messy, messy, messy* in that voice... XD
7. A Charlie Brown Christmas - The ending still makes me tear up...
6. Miracle on 34th Street - Not just tearing up with this one, bawling...
5. Will Vinton's Clay-mation Christmas - Full of awesome holiday music!
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - This was a favorite of both my mom and me, we can even recite lines! Hee!
3. The Little Princess - Not really a Christmas movie per se, but one that always gives me the Christmas spirit...
2. The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus - This is actually a book I read every year, and I haven't seen the special since it aired in the 80s, but it's still a favorite.
And my number one, lovelovelove this special, is John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. The songs are *my* Christmas Carols and without them it's just not Christmas. I wish they'd put out a DVD, so I could buy it already!
I can't wait to read about everyone else's favorites! How about you?