Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Honest Scrap

About a month ago (my how time flies) I was given an award by Eve who runs Through Eve's Looking-Glass, and in all the hub-bub, it's taken until NOW to post it and pass it on. I really think this is a good time too, for honesty and putting it all out there. I've been so guarded about posting things here, worrying about offending anyone, and although I promised myself I would stop doing that and be authentic, but I haven't.

But when someone close to you dies unexpectedly, it puts things in perspective, and if you can *see* and are very brave, all kinds of changes can happen...


Anyway, here are the rules:
  1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
  2. First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
  3. Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
  4. Third, those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given with this award.
  5. Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them “The Honest Scrap’ award.
Woo! TEN bloggers! That's a bunch, but I shall try my best...

First, 10 truths!
  1. I never know what to put on these lists, mostly because I live most of my life so transparently.
  2. However, while I am not hiding things, I may not have ever stated them out loud here on this blog; so I will now.
  3. I am polyamorous. (For more info go here, here, and here.)
  4. I am bisexual and in a committed relationship with another woman.
  5. I have been unable to have my own children, but am still trying.
  6. I don't believe in organized religion, but I do believe in individual spirituality.
  7. My natural hair color is purple. ~_^
  8. I feel like I've cheated somehow to become a grandparent, like I didn't have to do the hard part.
  9. I cling too tightly to the past ... and my stuff. (Can you say packrat?)
  10. I feel big big changes coming in my life, but can't put my finger on them quite yet...
And now to choose 10 bloggers to pass it on to...
  1. Jodi from the Seabolt Family World
  2. Julie with A Heart of Mersea
  3. Jacqueline who writes Not Your Typical Weight Loss Blog
  4. Charity Joy Bells who shares her Thoughts (and Le Cake Day!)
  5. Jenn who Cooks
  6. Kaerie Faerie
  7. Uuuummm... Maybe you noticed....
  8. I'm not much of a rule follower....
  9. So 6 is all ya get... :P
  10. But feel free to take the award and pass it on yourself if you'd like!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there. Glad you posted it...I'm really bad with 'awards' too. But I like this one and I might 'take it back' from you too. ;)

    I am quite the packrat too...but I just despise that word. Can't there be something else to call us???

    My natural hair color is bright red....ha ha...:P

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have trouble with awards and memes too! It's so hard to just pick a certain #.

    I hope you have a great day,
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my I forgot to add a thank you for hosting my ad today!! Thank you very much!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a packrat! lol Thanks for posting your daughter's Flickr link. Celsiy is one I want really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!!! I've been tagged!!! Yikes!!! Will get to this...a little later...hee heeee...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^