Sunday, October 24, 2010

13/6

The Thirteen Days of Halloween continues with one of my favorite topics... FOOD! One of my favorite foods this time of year is CANDY CORN. Ok, wait, let me rephrase... I always THINK that candy corn is one of my favorites, but it never lives up to the ideal in my head. But you must admit, it's visually appealing!


Click for details!

One thing I think we'll be making this upcoming week is Candy Corn Bark. There are lots of recipes out there on the web, but we'll probably be making this version:

Candy Corn Bark
15 Oreos, broken up (the Halloween ones look really cool in this)
1.5 cups pretzels, sticks or thin twists, broken up
1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1.5 pounds of white chocolate (maybe I can talk Jacqueline into doing this half white-half dark)
2 cups candy corn
Halloween sprinkles
  1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and on it, spread the Oreos, pretzels, raisins, and about 1.5 cups of candy corn evenly.
  2. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, or in the microwave, stirring at 30 seconds intervals until melted. Remove from the heat while there are still a few chunks, and stir until smooth, because white chocolate burns easily.
  3. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cookie mixture until it is mostly covered and stuck together.
  4. Top with remaining candy corn and holiday sprinkles.
  5. Let cool until hardened.
  6. Break into smaller pieces and store in an air-tight container.

I can not wait to try this! (I'll try to get some pics before it's gone... ) For more candy corn goodies from Etsy, check out this treasury!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^