Sunday, July 16, 2023

Rough Week at Work

I think these morning walks are a habit now.

Monday, July 10, 2023, 6:36 AM

Monday, there were torrential downpours and the basement at work flooded. A literal river from the front of the building to the back corner where the sump pump drain was. And the sump pump was completely overwhelmed, could not keep keep up at all. And leaks from the windows on the second floor into the walls and my office on the first. Also, no real management in the building so I muddled through, thankfully with help from the rest of the staff.

Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 6:39 AM

Tuesday was ok. Things still a mess at work from the flooding, but at least we could get some work done.

Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 6:40 AM

More rain on Wednesday had me worried about more flooding & damage, but it was a short-lived storm and caused no issues.

Thursday, July 13, 2023, 6:41 AM

Thursday started the local firemen's field days which takes place behind our offices and uses our parking lot; so there was more stress from moving the company vehicles around and blocking off the basement stairwell which drunken revelers use as a toilet if not blocked off.

Friday, July 14, 2023, 6:43 AM

Friday we said good-bye to one of the management team. 😢

Saturday, July 15, 2023, 6:39 AM

Saturday, we celebrated my mother's 75th birthday! It was a LOT of work, a LOT of walking, and a LOT of heat, but I think my mom had fun, which was the important part.

Sunday, July 16, 2023, 7:12 AM

Today was humid but cooler, and I was able to get a wee bit of yard/garden work done. Not all I wanted to get done, but enough to satisfy me. I still have so much I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^