Last night I did a small ritual with the New Moon in Leo and set my intentions for the upcoming month, five simple intentions:
- Take more time for my spiritual practices.
- Generate more income.
- Spend more time connecting to my friends & family.
- Create more art!
- Enjoy these last days of summer.
Instead of leaving it as a vague list that seems pretty generic, I included a few activities under each one that showed how the intention would look applied to my life. Those specific activites seem to be made up mostly of simple pleasures. They say it's the simple pleasures that make up the days of our lives, that when we are old, it won't be the big things, but the happy little memories of everyday life that we will look back on most fondly.
These are some of the simple pleasures I wish to enjoy:
- I wish to clean off the altar and pause there daily.
- I wish to do a full moon ritual and create a Full Moon Dreamboard.
- I wish to network more with local artists; go to their events, friend them on fb, comment, like, share...
- I wish to turn off the computer & focus on Jacqueline for a once a week date - even if it's only for an hour!
- I wish to spend more time in the living room "hanging" with the family: reading, playing a video game, talking, crafting, etc.
- I wish to visit with Joseph once a week.
- I wish to write a daily email to my mom.
- I wish to draw rabbits, lots of them.
- I wish to paint mermaids.
- I wish to draw every day.
- I wish to go swimming.
- I wish to spend more time outside.
- I wish to start walking to the corner & back.
- I wish to eat less carbs, more fruits & veggies.
- I wish to re-learn the Sun Salutation and start doing it again.
- I wish to try to do a headstand.
- I wish to DANCE!
You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt on your blog and then add a direct link to your post in the box [at the link] below. Support wishes by visiting other participants, leaving a comment saying “As (insert name) wishes for her/himself, so I wish for her/him also.” It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together.
~ Jamie Ridler