She asked: What do you wish for your family?
And to that I reply:
- I wish my gift-daughter Esme a life of joy and laughter, love and happiness, enough to be satisfied but not so much to lose the drive and desire for more: more life, more learning, more exploring.
- I wish my father health and happiness and joy, contentedness in his life and where things are now.
- I wish my mother peace and love and light, and happiness and joy.
- I wish my grandmother health and joy and vitality.
- I wish my Sunshine peace and joy and laughter and love, health and well-being, and a feeling of safety and security.
- And for everyone in my family, whether by blood or history or heart, I wish you enough. (And yes, I am referring to that cheesy, get-the-tissues-out story that you've been forwarded a million times in your email, but in case you haven't seen it, you can read it here.)