Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sound of Spring

Our yard is full of the sounds of birds from pre-dawn until dark:

Robins and blue jays wake me in the morning. The mourning doves, chickadees, and crows visit throughout the day, while the flicker taunts us from the treetops.

Sometimes we hear (and see) goldfinches and nuthatches, red-winged blackbirds and brown-headed cowbirds, and I can't wait to see the Indigo Bunting again!

In the evening, echoing through the trees we hear the wood thrush, but we've never seen it. However, all day long lately, the chipping sparrows have been serenading us. I am so glad spring is here...

Of course I could do without the mosquitoes... :\

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^