Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

I must share this recipe I just whipped up! Oh man was it tasty! I wish I had made 2 so there would be more for me & the family...

California Squares:
  • 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 package of cream cheese
  • 1 envelope of powdered ranch dressing mix (I used about 1/2, because it was all we had left after using it as popcorn topping several times)
  • To taste: dill, garlic powder, onion powder, minced onion, pepper...
  • 1 avocado (I used about 3/4 of one)
  • 1 tomato
  • 8 strips of pre-cooked bacon (I only used 6)
  1. Take your crescent rolls out of the package and press them together in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. (I have a small cookie sheet that size, but you could use the more common kind with higher sides.) Make sure you press it together enough or you'll have problems cutting it later...
  2. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, soften your cream cheese in the microwave. (I did it in 3 10-second intervals stirring it in between.) Then mix in the ranch dressing powder and the other spices to taste, and slice your avocado & tomato.
  4. When your crescent roll dough comes out of the oven, let it cool to room temperature, or even pop it in the fridge for an hour or so. (I was impatient and had a hard time with the next step.)
  5. Spread the cream cheese mix on the pre-baked dough; top with the avocado, then the tomato, then the bacon. (I added more pepper on top of that.)
  6. Then pop under the broiler for a few moments just to warm up the bacon.
  7. Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
I could also see separating each of the rolls and making 8 individual triangles or even cutting them smaller for appetizers... Oh, maybe shredded cheddar on the top? That might be going too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^