Sunday, March 12, 2023

Chicken in a Dark and Mysterious Sauce

For the next recipe, I chose Chicken in a Dark and Mysterious Sauce, which was one of the recipes I had been eager to try back when my mom first got the cookbook.


I halved the recipe, knowing full well that our daughter won't eat chicken and Jacqueline probably wouldn't like the dark & mysterious sauce. (She's not a fan of chocolate in sauces, like mole sauce.) I did accidentally add the full amount of cinnamon, but it was still so small an amount I don't think it mattered much.


Jacqueline and I think they maybe were trying to go for a Moroccan type dish, but they left all the SPICE out. None of the hot peppers, cumin, etc. that would normally be found in those dishes. We served it with rice and a California blend of vegetables. It was not a bad dish, but we probably won't make it again.


I think my favorite part of the dish was eating the leftovers. The raisins were all puffed up and looked like grapes again! LOL!

See more photos on my Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@bunnykissd

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^