Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ZOMG!

...which of course means "ZOMBIES OH MY GOD!!!!"

I just got back from taking Jacqueline to work... I hope she's ok there... I had no idea what was going on when I dropped her off... We thought it was odd that there was so little traffic on the road at 11am on a weekday, but we were so busy chatting that we didn't think much about it. I should have known by the way people were driving that something was wrong, but seriously, I just thought they were being extra idiotic to bug me...

There were a few cars in the parking lot when I dropped her off, and even though we couldn't see anyone in the store, we just figured the customers were in the bathroom or just sitting where we couldn't see and that the employees were behind the brewers or in back... I hope she emails me soon to let me know she's ok...

On the way home I turned on the radio to NPR like I always do. It took me a while and I was almost home when I realized what was happening. They were in the middle of a phone interview with Alex Goldfarb and Marina Litvinenko, close friend and wife of Alexander Litvinenko, the spy who was poisoned in London last year, when something happened on their end. Marina started screaming her husband's name and his friend was saying, "Oh my god! This isn't real!" There were sounds of a scuffle and the interviewer was asking what was happening when their line went dead. That's when I came to the little cemetary on Rathburn and saw them. They were crawling from their graves and shuffling down the street toward the nearest trailer.

I used to envy those people, who were lucky enough to live next to that old cemetary, but not anymore. There were zombies, little more than skeletons most of them, but with tattered clothes and clods of dirt, hanging and dropping off them. They turned toward me as I slowed to drive past without hitting them, and I suddenly realized the kids were home alone and we had a dead dog buried in the back yard! I wasn't sure if whatever was effecting dead people would effect dead animals, but I rushed home just the same.

So far there seems to be no effect on Ginger or Kitty, but I'm keeping an eye on them. Ant has been practicing swinging his stick around to knock off zombie heads and he's even shown the girls how to do it. I am now wishing Terry had left at least one of his guns so I could blow the heads of zombies from a safe distance, but I think we're far enough away from any cemeteries or the cities that we should be safe. I've tried calling Jacqueline, and although our cable phone (and internet) is still working, I think there may be a problem with the phone lines in town. I do so hope she's ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^