Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Manicure

I thought I'd try something new on my nails this time...


Click to embiggen!

Some red, white, and blue wavy ribbons and one with just a bit of star showing...

What I did:
  1. Base Coat of Nail Magic Nail Hardener
  2. Background of Artmatic Silver Dust
  3. Wavy stripes made using a thin brush with China Glaze Ruby Pumps & Blue Iguana and Sally Girl Pure (812000) topped with Wet 'n' Wild #438 (I apparently need some kind of super sparkly white, eh?)
  4. Top Coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust (very hard for me to leave this out of any manicure! XD )
  5. Top-top Coat of Out The Door


Click to embiggen!

And on the other hand, I did a red, white, and blue comet on my thumb, adding a single silver star glitter, and since we always cook-out on Memorial Day, a burger!  Complete with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and a sesame seed bun!  ^-^

For the burger:
  1. Paint the bottom bun first with a mix of my unknown brown color, Sally Girl Pure (812000), DuraGloss Sea Shell, and China Glaze Lemon Fizz.  (Still not 100% happy with the color, as I feel it's a bit too grey, but what're ya gonna do?)
  2. Lettuce next!  I used China Glaze's Cha Cha Cha with a stippling of Lemon Fizz.
  3. Then the burger, which I used my unknown brown stippled with black and a tiny bit of the bun-mix.
  4. Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta made an excellent cheese,
  5. and Revlon Dragon Red made wonderful tomatoes.  However, this one ALWAYS smears when I add the top coat.
  6. Finally I added the top bun & dotted it with Lemon Fizz sesame seeds.
  7. Topped it all with Hard Candy's Matte-ly in Love, and then went over the tomatoes, cheese, burger, and lettuce with my usual Out The Door topcoat.

I'd love to see yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^