Sunday, May 18, 2014

52-Week Photo Challenge: Week 38

Hello, my fellow creative photographers!

Welcome to another week in my 52-Week Photo Challenge!

This week's challenge is one I've had to delay due to a surprising lack of subject matter! (Not complaining!)

This week's challenge is: INSECT

Find some 6-legged creatures to capture with your camera. I know some folks have a fear of all-things-buggy, but some insects can be quite beautiful!

My photo is of a Painted Lady Butterfly:
Painted Lady
Click to embiggen!

A week or so ago we got some caterpillars at work for the kids to watch turn into butterflies. I got to be the one who showed them the class -- as well as transfer their chrysalids to the butterfly tent & keep them fed for the past few days -- and the kids were fascinated by them! Sadly the weather was uncooperative on Friday when they should have been released (DOWNPOUR!); so they got to come home with me this weekend and were released in the blooming strawberry fields of my backyard this afternoon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^