Thursday, November 20, 2008

Look what I made!

Inspired by this necklace by the talented chain maille artist Janine, of Athena's Armory, I decided to try my hand at making some chain maille jewelry. Couldn't start with something simple - no - I went straight to the Byzantine Chain, which actually is pretty easy & fun! And didn't take me forever like I thought it would!

Byzantine Chain
Byzantine Chain
Hook Closure
Hook Closure

No, it's not perfect. There are tool marks and not all the links are perfectly round, and it's pretty loose, not all tight like Janine's, but I don't have all the perfect tools and it's my first try! I love it! ^-^

Now, I just need to get some of those fancy peg board thingies for making this stuff... Oh and more fancy wire!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! Is this your first chainmaile project? You did excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job! It looks really great. I'm so happy for you! It is addicting, isn't it? Thank you so much for the kind words, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a quickie tip (coming from a metal fabricator) a quickie way to get away with using tools with teeth without getting marks is to cover the tool teeth in electrical tape. Easy, cheap and a good stand in until you can afford non-toothed instruments. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^