Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy books?

Jacqueline & I read a LOT, and lately we're having a hard time finding books that are happy. It seems so many of the books we read are full of bad things, the characters go through all kinds of rough times, and it leaves us sad and discontent.


Sleeping at Last by Second.daughter

We'd like to find some books that don't have horrible things happening to the characters, stories that can take us away from the troubles of our own lives and give us a few moments worry-free, where the events are LOL funny and the endings are happy.

We like young adult and fantasy best, and also enjoy dystopian sci fi teen ones, and even the occasional romance lit. Some of our favorites have been:And some we're thinking about getting are:Have you got any recommendations? Any books along these lines that you read & loved?

4 comments:

  1. love Barbara Kingsolver!
    Broken For You by Stephanie Kallos, a book about healing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We've actually got some Barbara Kingslover in the house right now, and I've added the other to our list! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty bad that I can't think of anything along these lines right off the top of my head. I'm curious about The Alchemist - the Paulo Coelho one? That was good. I also read The Alchemist by Donna Boyd, that was interesting.

    I read a ton of fantasy & a lot of my teens YA novels, but there's often lots of tragedy (Hunger Games, Beastly, Maze Runner, Ender's Game). I'd love your recommendations for happy books! I just popped over to goodreads & see you're bunnykissd over there - hope you don't mind the friend request!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've read the Hunger Games series too, and Jacqueline is patiently waiting for the last book in the Maze Runner series, and I'm waiting for them to come in at the library (I've got them on hold, but they're popular!) The Alchemist (by Coelho) is already on my to-read list, but I've also added the other Alchemist and Beastly! Some of the Happy Books we've found that we really liked were those by Sophie Kinsella and Sarah Addison Allen. We read some by Madelyn Alt & Katie Fforde, and while they were happy, they weren't as good as the ones by Sophie & Sarah... I think you can check out what I've read at goodreads, and Jacqueline is there too: ivorygrace7. ^-^

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^