Friday, October 17, 2008

Book Meme!

Hardback or paperback? This is always a hard decision. I like hardback books best, but since I read in bed mostly with the book propped on my chest, sometimes paperback isn't so uncomfortable, and then there's the whole stuffing it in your purse; paperbacks are better for that too...

Amazon or bookshop? Amazon, because I can find exactly what I want, but bookshops are nice to browse every once in a while, if we have spare money...

Bookmark or dog-ear? Bookmark where I am, dog-ear pages with good quotes or words to look up...

Keep, throw away or sell? Keep if I am going to want to read it again, NEVER throw away, sell if it's in good condition and you think someone will buy it, or release it! However, since 90% of the books I read are library books, mostly all I do is renew then return...

Keep bookjacket or throw it away? I hate book jackets when I am reading, even the plastic-covered, glued-on ones from the library drive me batty. However some of them have lovely art, and I do like them while they're on the shelf; so if it's a book I own, I usually keep it but take it off while I read it.

Read with bookjacket or without? See above.

Short story or novel? Depends on my mood and level of concentration.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Both! Or Xanth... :P

Stop reading when you're tired or after finishing a chapter? Finish chapter, or two, or three, or more... Unless I absolutely cannot keep my eyes open another moment...

“The night was cold and stormy” or “Once upon a time”? Once upon a time!

Buy or borrow? Mostly borrow because we's po'...

New or used? Doesn't matter so long as it doesn't smell musty, musty moldy smelling books make me gag...

Deciding what you buy: bestseller list, reviews, recommendations...? Recommendations, read other works by author, inside cover flap sounds good...

Closed end or Cliffhanger? CLOSED END! OMG I hate cliffhangers!!! Especially when I don't have the next book!!!

Do you read in the morning, at noon or at night? Mostly right before bed, but some lazy days I'll read before getting up, and if I've got a great book I'll read in the afternoon, but I also read on my lunch break at school and anytime I have a free moment.

Odd volume or series? I like the "odd volume" that you can read and be done with, but series are fun too, like revisiting friends.

Fave series? Piers Anthony's Xanth is my absolute favorite series ever ever ever!!!

Fave book of the ones you read last year? Can't pick just one... How about top 5 in no particular order: Night Flying, by Rita Murphy; The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks; Risking it All, by Heather Ingram; Mama had a Dancing Heart, by Libba Grey; Touching Spirit Bear, by Ben Mikaelsen; and Wildwood Dancing, by Juliet Marillier. Yeah I know, I gave ya 6... Oh well! ^_^

What book are you currently reading? Ophelia, by Lisa Klein

Fave book of all time? Change, by Ann Maxwell

Fave authors? Piers Anthony, and a bunch of others I can never remember til I'm halfway through another book and go, "Oh hey! This person wrote... too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make blogging so worth it! So feel free to say anything you'd like.... And look! No silly Captcha or anything... ^_^