Thursday, July 26, 2007
Just an addition of many click-to-donate sites...
In other news...
I'm going to see Blood, Sweat & Tears!!!
My Daddy's coming up and we're going to see them at Harborfest tonight! I am psyched...
Little weirded out to go with my dad, but it'll be cool I hope! ^_^
Monday, July 23, 2007
Here is your horoscope
for Tuesday, July 24:
Sometimes mixing it up creates delicious combinations such as chocolate peanut butter cups. Other concoctions might not be so scrumptious. The thing is, you'll never know the results unless you try.
So, like, what are they talking about? My choice of combinations at ColdStone? Or something else altogether?
1. Pay an extra $10 towards your debt. Good idea...
2. Create a habit of flossing daily. Doesn’t that just make more work?
3. Get caught up with laundry - including putting clothes away. This is not something that can be done in one day! We have a never ending supply of laundry!
4. Revive or get rid of dead plants. Ok...
5. Move furniture around or declutter so you aren't always bumping into something. Got rid of 2 end tables and a quilt rack last week...
6. Apologize. For what?
7. Cut TV time to 5 hours a week. We have to watch five whole hours???
Monday, July 16, 2007
2. Be compassionate with yourself as you learn to simplify. This is hard to do. And it's hard to be compassionate with each other too...
3. Put one bill on automatic payment. Our car insurance is and it gets take out today...
4. Any self care you are behind on? i.e., haircut, exercise plan, plucking... Hmmm... Maybe I'll see if I need to pluck later...
5. Get your film developed. I did and nothing was there. This is kind of a crazy tip for the digital age...
6. Have a fix it date with someone as you work on fixing things in the house that are broken. Hmmm... Anyone wanna come for a fix-it date?
7. Write a thank you note you owe someone. I shall do this right now...
Saturday, July 14, 2007
I don't know what's wrong with me lately; my moods are so all over the place. One moment I am happy as all heck, seeing how things are falling into place & improving, how I am changing behavior patterns I developed so long ago, how all this positive thinking is really working dammit! And the next I am allowing myself to be brought down by memories of those people I've let walk out of my life, or drove out, or left...
And then I am filled to the brim with love for my girlfriend, the wonderful family we have, the life we're building... and then I get sad because there is something missing and things aren't perfect yet... And then I ask myself, what the fuck am I doing??? And I breathe deep and try and let all the negativity out, and get back to that good place... Crazy... yes... I am...
And now I am going to bed... I have had enough...
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
And at night, the fireflies can be seen blinking off & on at the edge of the woods, and the moon has been getting smaller and thinner... but the stars... wow...
Anyway, off the the doctor and the mechanic!
Monday, July 09, 2007
1. Take the smallest step possible in working on a problem.
2. How much are you overpaying in fees? Find out.
3. Make sure you have enough time your favorite summer activity.
4. No need to automatically answer the phone or door.
5. Be the sunshine in someones life, not the rain.
6. Does something need resolving? Work on it this week.
7. Acknowledge that you have a choice in creating a simpler life.
Take the Self-Care quiz
How good are you at taking care of yourself?
July Declutter Calendar available
For those who have downloaded it, I have updated it so it is for 2007.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Dare and Do
- Dare to think, though others frown;
Dare in words your thoughts express;
Dare to rise, though oft cast down;
Dare the wronged and scorned to bless.
- Dare from custom to depart;
Dare the priceless pearl possess;
Dare to wear it next your heart;
Dare, when others curse, to bless.
- Dare forsake what you deem wrong;
Dare to walk in wisdom's way;
Dare to give where gifts belong;
Dare God's precepts to obey.
- Dare what conscience says is right;
Do what reason says is best;
Do with all your mind and might;
Do your duty, and be blest.
I am also not sure if I agree with the line to Do your duty because it doesn't really specify what "your duty" is...
But the rest seem like very good principles by which to live. My version:
- Think for yourself, even though others disapprove;
Speak up and share your thoughts;
Keep trying no matter how hard it is;
Be nice to the outcasts.
- Don't just blindly follow the masses;
Be compassionate and kind;
Keep these things in your heart;
especially when others are cruel.
- Don't do it if it feels wrong;
Be wise in all you do;
Give freely without expectations for return;
Follow the principles of human kindness.
- Do what you believe is right;
Do what makes sense;
With all your being;
Do these things and feel joy!
Ok, enough preachy-ness from me...
Someone's a delightful addition to your life -- for right now. You're not shallow because you know certain relationships have an expiration date. Appreciate this person for what he or she is and don't try and make it into more.
Wonder who they're talking about...???
Saturday, July 07, 2007
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Monday, July 02, 2007
And that, my dears, is just how today has gone for me... ^_^